Dangers of Fentanyl
Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is much stronger even than morphine, a natural painkiller. The potency and effects of fentanyl make it highly addictive with a high risk of overdose. Understanding the dangers of fentanyl can help you in avoiding addiction if possible and in getting fentanyl addiction treatment if needed. At Greater Boston Addiction Centers, we invite those in recovery from fentanyl detox to focus on rehab and transition into long-term sobriety. Our fentanyl addiction treatment center is just a phone call away at 877.920.6583, or you can contact our caring staff online.
Understanding the Dangers of Fentanyl
The original purpose of fentanyl was to treat palliative care patients. However, many misuse and abuse it because of its immediate effects of relief from pain and distress. The abuse of fentanyl can affect your physical health, mental health, family, and career. This can be seen in the following dangers of fentanyl use:
- It is highly addictive. You don’t have to be someone who normally would become obsessed or addicted to anything. Fentanyl addiction can start even after using it according to a legitimate prescription.
- Fentanyl withdrawal symptoms happen when you cannot acquire more fentanyl. These include strong cravings, cold sweats, bone and muscle pain, sleep issues, and digestive problems.
- Overdose symptoms can be deadly. These symptoms include excessive tiredness, slowed breathing and heartbeat, impaired physical coordination, low blood pressure, and coma. Overdose can lead to death if the person is not treated quickly.
- Those who use fentanyl long-term carry a greater risk of respiratory depression and pneumonia. Because it is an immunosuppressant, it also makes the body more susceptible to illnesses.
If you or a loved one are dealing with fentanyl addiction or overdose symptoms, don’t wait to seek professional addiction treatment services. At Greater Boston Addiction Centers, you can find comprehensive support for fentanyl addiction recovery. Detox under medical supervision is the first step, and GBAC has your back for the journey ahead.
Fentanyl Addiction Treatment at Greater Boston Addiction Centers
Those in Massachusetts who require treatment for fentanyl addiction need to look no further than Greater Boston Addiction Treatment Centers. At GBAC, our specialists offer individualized care that accommodates all levels of care post-detox and beyond.
When you get fentanyl addiction treatment at Greater Boston Addiction Treatment Centers, you may consider the following benefits:
- A comprehensive set of treatment programs for outpatient care
- Specialized men’s and women’s programs
- LGBTQ+ inclusive care
- Sober housing for women
- Aftercare planning
- Relapse prevention planning
- Polysubstance abuse programs
At GBAC, we pride ourselves on giving clients personalized care for the long haul. Addiction recovery can be a life-long journey, and our compassionate and non-judgmental clinicians are here to help you thrive in sobriety.
Fentanyl abuse can be especially difficult to handle if it begins with a doctor’s prescription to medicate other symptoms. Here at GBAC, we are here to support everyone in their recovery journey, regardless of background or personal history. Nobody deserves to have to battle fentanyl addiction alone.
Find a Safe Haven From Fentanyl Today at GBAC
The highly addictive nature of fentanyl can make it challenging to stay away from, even after attempts to stop using it. At Greater Boston Addiction Centers, we offer safe, recovery-friendly outpatient services that provide crucial support for fentanyl abuse recovery. Having a sober peer support network and caring professionals committed to your sobriety can make all the difference. Let us help you battle your triggers and become bulletproof to the dangers of fentanyl when you reach out to our welcoming staff today. Call us at 877.920.6583 or through our secure online form.
Greater Boston Addiction Centers