Choosing the right Boston alcohol rehab center can be critical to your recovery or a loved one’s recovery. Clients should expect excellence from their treatment program since a great program can provide invaluable help in the lifelong recovery journey. The best programs have a strong track record of retaining clients in treatment, keeping them engaged, and ensuring they have a support network after they leave the program.
What Makes an Alcohol Rehab Successful?
Many factors go into making an alcohol addiction treatment program in Boston successful. Here are some signs a rehab facility is delivering high-quality care:
- They have an atmosphere of trust, transparency, and empathy. Clients at a successful alcohol rehab can trust their care providers and counselors. They feel comfortable sharing their therapy struggles, and they clearly understand the program expectations.
- They have formal accreditation and licensing. If rehab centers have accreditation from local, state, or national outside regulatory organizations, they’ve been evaluated and proven to have a high standard of evidence-based care. Staff members should be individually licensed to provide health care in their fields.
- The treatment team uses evidence-based or science-based practices. Evidence-based treatments have been researched, tested, and proven to be effective. When a Boston alcohol rehab uses evidence-based treatment, it’s more likely to produce positive outcomes in clients.
- There are reliable systems in place to measure the success of treatment. These metrics help show clients and their care providers a concrete indication of progress and let them know when a treatment plan needs to be adjusted.
- Each client gets an individualized treatment approach. The right path to recovery considers every aspect of a person’s life, from their age, gender, and sexual orientation to their cultural background, career plans, and local support networks.
- There are many therapeutic methods and treatment models available. Since every client is different, a treatment model for one person might not work for the next. A good Boston alcohol rehab offers a variety of evidence-based recovery methods, from 12-step programming to trauma therapy to family counseling to medication-assisted treatment.
- Co-occurring disorders are treated along with addiction. Clients with substance use disorders and mental health diagnoses – like depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder – need “dual diagnosis” treatment or a treatment plan that recognizes both conditions.
First Steps to Recovery at a Boston Alcohol Rehab
When you enter an alcohol addiction treatment program in Boston, doctors and therapists will learn more about you to determine what treatment style will work best. They may ask about physical or mental health conditions, your history of substance use, your family medical history, and the support structures at home (like family, friends, or social groups).
Next, they’ll work with you to create a treatment plan. You’ll probably identify short-term and long-term recovery goals and plan to achieve them. This plan can change as your needs change and you progress in recovery.
Long-Term Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Behavioral therapy will play a role in your addiction treatment, whether you attend individual therapy, group therapy, or both. Topics you’ll discuss and skills you’ll practice may include:
- Coping strategies to manage strong emotions without using alcohol
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Your recovery motivations
- Relapse prevention techniques
- Problem-solving skills
- Healthy ways to reduce stress
For some clients, medication may be part of their treatment plan. Doctors may prescribe medicines to help you manage a mental health condition or reduce the pain of alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
Clients whose families are involved in their treatment can participate in family therapy. Working with a skilled facilitator, your family will learn to identify and address behavior that hinders recovery, communicate, set boundaries, and provide sustained support.
Once clients leave the program, they’re connected to ongoing support groups and resources in the community. Aftercare and alumni programming are essential aspects of a Boston alcohol rehab, and they help many clients stay sober and thrive for their entire lives.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Programs in Boston
Greater Boston Addiction Centers are proud to offer a range of evidence-based treatment options in the Boston area.
Recovery programs are customized to the needs of each client. Our programming includes gender-specific therapy, LGBTQ+-centered therapy, trauma therapy, family counseling, and extensive alumni networks. Clients with dual diagnoses receive treatment targeted to their diagnosis, like cognitive-behavioral therapy and dialectical behavior therapy.
Alcohol addiction can be overcome. Contact us at 877.920.6583 or online to start a recovery journey that will last a lifetime.